Latest Information Update: 24 Oct 2000
At a glance
- Originator Sepracor
- Class Antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 24 Oct 2000 Discontinued-II for Depression in USA (PO)
- 01 May 2000 Federal Trade Commission concludes review of Sepracor-Eli Lilly agreement in April 2000
- 12 Jan 1999 Phase-II clinical trials for Depression in USA (PO)