Latest Information Update: 08 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action Bile acid binding protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (PO)
- 11 Dec 2001 Investigation in Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (PO)
- 14 Dec 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (PO)