At a glance
- Originator Neurogen Corporation
- Developer Aventis Pharmaceuticals; Neurogen Corporation
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics
- Mechanism of Action Corticotropin-releasing factor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jan 2002 Discontinued-Preclinical for Depression in USA (Unknown route)
- 21 Dec 2001 Neurogen and Aventis are collaborating in the development of the CRF antagonist programme
- 11 Jan 2001 The CRF antagonist programme is available for licensing (http://www.neurogen.com)