Cytomegalovirus immune globulin - Cangene
Latest Information Update: 11 Oct 2002
At a glance
- Originator Cangene Corporation
- Class Antivirals; Immunoglobulins
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cytomegalovirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 11 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cytomegalovirus infections in Canada (unspecified route)
- 21 Jun 2001 Cangene still considers CMV a potential hyperimmune target
- 21 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Cytomegalovirus infections in Canada (Unknown route)