Chondroitin sulfate - AlconAlternative Names: Chondroitin 6-sulfate sodium - Alcon; Chondroitin 6-sulfate sodium - Nestle; Chondroitin sulfate - Nestle; Chondroitin sulphate - Alcon; Chondroitin sulphate - Nestle; Lacrypos
Latest Information Update: 27 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Alcon
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antirheumatics; Glycosaminoglycans
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Dry eyes; Eye disorders
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2010 Alcon has been acquired by Novartis
- 22 Jan 1999 Launched for Dry eyes in Belgium (Ophthalmic)
- 22 Jan 1999 Launched for Dry eyes in Switzerland (Ophthalmic)