Research programme: insulin phosphatase inhibitors - SUGENAlternative Names: Insulin phosphatase inhibitors research programme - SUGEN
Latest Information Update: 29 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator SUGEN
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 21 Sep 1999 SUGEN has been acquired by Pharmacia & Upjohn
- 26 Jan 1999 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)