Diclofenac ophthalmic - Escalon/West Pharmaceutical ServicesAlternative Names: Diclofenac - Ocufit SR; Ocufit SR - diclofenac
Latest Information Update: 25 Jun 2001
At a glance
- Originator Escalon Medical; West Pharmaceutical Services
- Class Antipyretics; Antirheumatics; Non-opioid analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Phenylacetates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Arachidonic acid inhibitors; Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ocular inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jun 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Ocular inflammation in USA (Ophthalmic)
- 26 Jan 1999 New profile
- 26 Jan 1999 Preclinical development for Ocular inflammation in USA (Ophthalmic)