Research programme: anti-VEGF gene therapy - SkyePharma
Latest Information Update: 19 Dec 2006
At a glance
- Originator SkyePharma PLC
- Mechanism of Action Vascular endothelial growth factor A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Retinal disorders
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Retinal disorders in Australia (Unknown route)
- 26 Jan 1999 Preclinical development for Retinal disorders in Australia (Unknown route)