Research programme: sildenafil intranasal - BTGAlternative Names: Sildenafil mesylate
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator BTG
- Class Piperazines; Purines; Sulfones
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Erectile dysfunction
Most Recent Events
- 03 Feb 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Erectile dysfunction in United Kingdom (Intranasal)
- 04 May 2007 Intranasal sildenafil is available for licensing worldwide (http:www.btgplc.com)
- 23 Feb 2006 Preclinical trials in Erectile dysfunction in UK (Intranasal)