Teriparatide inhalation - Nektar TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Parathyroid hormone inhalation - Eli Lilly/Inhale Therapeutic Systems; PTH inhalation - Eli Lilly/Inhale Therapeutic Systems; Teriparatide inhalation - Eli Lilly/Inhale Therapeutic Systems
Latest Information Update: 12 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Nektar Therapeutics
- Developer ALZA Corporation; Eli Lilly; Nektar Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Osteogenesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 18 Feb 2003 Nektar Therapeutics is seeking a new partner for the development of teriparatide inhalation
- 15 Jan 2003 Inhale Therapeutic Systems is now called Nektar Therapeutics
- 27 Oct 2001 Suspended-I for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Inhalation)