Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator GelTex Pharmaceuticals
- Developer GelTex Pharmaceuticals; Sankyo
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Bile acid binding protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (PO)
- 18 Feb 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)
- 13 Jun 2002 Preclinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (PO)