Latest Information Update: 16 Sep 2004
At a glance
- Originator Neurogen Corporation; Pfizer
- Class Anxiolytics; Hypnosedatives
- Mechanism of Action GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Insomnia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Insomnia in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jun 2000 Pfizer has merged with Warner-Lambert
- 05 Feb 1999 Preclinical development for Insomnia in USA (Unknown route)