Latest Information Update: 10 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Burroughs Wellcome
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Depression in USA (Unknown route)
- 17 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Anxiety disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 09 Feb 1999 Preclinical development for Depression in USA (Unknown route)