At a glance
- Originator Nastech Pharmaceutical Company
- Developer Marina Biotech
- Class Antiemetics; Antispasmodics; Hypnosedatives; Mydriatics; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jun 2004 Suspended - Preregistration for Emesis in USA (Intranasal)
- 23 Mar 2000 The US FDA will not consider approving an NDA for Nastech's intranasal scopolamine formulation until more safety data is submitted
- 23 Mar 2000 Preregistration for Emesis in USA (Intranasal)