Porcine neural cell product-FEAlternative Names: Neurocell-FE
Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2004
At a glance
- Originator GenVec
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I for Epilepsy in USA (Intracerebal)
- 26 Aug 2003 Diacrin has been acquired by, and merged into, GenVec
- 29 Aug 2002 This programme is still in active development