At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Piperidones; Spiro compounds
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1B receptor inverse agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 17 Feb 1999 Preclinical development for Depression in United Kingdom (Unknown route)