Calcitriol - RontagAlternative Names: Dihydroxycholecalciferol - Rontag; Dihydroxyvitamin D3 - Rontag; Rexamat
Latest Information Update: 19 Feb 1999
At a glance
- Originator Rontag
- Class Antipsoriatics; Chemoprotectants; Dihydroxycholecalciferols; Osteoporosis therapies; Small molecules; Vitamin D analogues
- Mechanism of Action Vitamin D3 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Hypoparathyroidism; Osteodystrophy
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 18 Feb 1999 Launched for Hypoparathyroidism in Argentina (PO)
- 18 Feb 1999 Launched for Osteodystrophy in Argentina (PO)