Latest Information Update: 03 Jan 2001
At a glance
- Originator GelTex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Bile acid binding protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jan 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)
- 21 Dec 2000 GelTex Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Genzyme Corporation
- 24 Feb 1999 Preclinical development for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)