Doxorubicin GA3Alternative Names: DOX GA3
Latest Information Update: 30 Apr 2002
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Mechanism of Action Reactive oxygen species stimulants; RNA synthesis inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 1999 A preclinical study has been added to the pharmacodynamics and the pharmacokinetics sections
- 03 Mar 1999 New profile
- 03 Mar 1999 Preclinical development for Cancer in Netherlands (Unknown route)