Research programme: HIV entry inhibitors - Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery/ProgenicsAlternative Names: HIV attachment inhibitors - Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery/Progenics; HIV entry inhibitors research programme - Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery/Progenics; HIV fusion inhibitors - Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery/Progenics
Latest Information Update: 21 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery; Progenics Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action CD4 antigen inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 26 Aug 2005 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 06 May 2004 Pharmacopeia has divided into Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery and Accelrys