KAR-2Alternative Names: Tubulin-binding bis-indol
Latest Information Update: 17 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Gedeon Richter
- Class Antineoplastics; Indoles; Vinca alkaloids
- Mechanism of Action Mitosis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in Hungary (unspecified route)
- 08 Mar 1999 Preclinical development for Cancer in Hungary (Unknown route)