At a glance
- Originator Shaman Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Metabolex; Shaman Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Naphthoquinones
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jul 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 13 Jul 2000 Metabolex acquired licence to the Diabetes drug development programme from Shaman Pharmaceuticals
- 10 Mar 1999 New profile