Malaria vaccine - Roche/Saramane
Latest Information Update: 29 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Biotech Australia; Roche
- Developer Roche
- Class Antimalarials; Parasitic vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Falciparum malaria
Most Recent Events
- 12 Mar 1999 Phase-I clinical trials for Falciparum malaria in Switzerland (IM)