Diabetes type 1 vaccine oral - Diamyd TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Oramyd
Latest Information Update: 21 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Originator Diamyd Therapeutics; GTC Biotherapeutics
- Developer Diamyd Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 04 Jan 2013 GTC Biotherapeutics is now called rEVO Biologics
- 15 Oct 2002 Suspended - Preclinical for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Sweden (PO)
- 19 Jun 2002 Genzyme Transgenics Corporation is now called GTC Biotherapeutics