Research programme: HIV infections - OSI Pharmaceuticals/ShireAlternative Names: HIV infections research programme - OSI Pharmaceuticals/Shire
Latest Information Update: 26 Jun 2002
At a glance
- Originator OSI Pharmaceuticals; Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jun 2001 BioChem Pharma has been acquired by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- 16 Mar 1999 New profile
- 16 Mar 1999 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)