Research programme: antioxidant therapeutics - OXIS International
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Originator OXIS Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Neurological disorders; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Apr 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Neurological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2004 OXIS International has been acquired by Axonyx