Monoclonal antibody-BC2Alternative Names: BC2
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antithrombotics; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Factor IX inhibitors; Factor IXa inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 22 Mar 1999 Preclinical development for Thrombosis in USA (unspecified route)