At a glance
- Originator Abbott GmbH & Co. KG
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Imidazoles; Neuroprotectants; Quinoxalines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action AMPA receptor antagonists; Glycine NMDA-associated antagonists; NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Epilepsy in Germany (unspecified route) before 2012
- 04 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Epilepsy in Germany (unspecified route)
- 13 Mar 2001 BASF's pharmaceutical business has been acquired by Abbott Laboratories