Shark cartilage powder - Lane LabsAlternative Names: BeneFin
Latest Information Update: 10 Sep 2003
At a glance
- Originator Lane Labs
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Brain cancer; Breast cancer; Prostate cancer; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 10 Apr 2000 The US FDA has demanded that Lane Labs be ordered to surrender its rights to 3 trademarked brandnames, including Benefin®
- 15 Dec 1999 US Justice Department files complaint alleging unlawful marketing of BeneFin
- 06 Aug 1999 Investigation in Solid tumours in Cuba (PO)