Research programme: nitric oxide donor-linked dipyridamole compounds - NitroMed
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator NitroMed
- Class Piperidines; Pyrimidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase inhibitors; Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Erectile dysfunction
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2008 NitroMed's nitric oxide-enhancing technologies are available for licensing
- 09 Apr 1999 Preclinical development for Erectile dysfunction in USA (Unknown route)