Estradiol/dydrogesteroneAlternative Names: Femoston; Femoston Conti; Femoston Conti Low-dose; Femoston Continous
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Abbott Laboratories
- Class Estradiol congeners; Estrenes; Hormonal replacements; Pregnadienes
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor agonists; Progesterone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Menopausal syndrome; Postmenopausal osteoporosis