At a glance
- Originator Meiji Seika Kaisha
- Developer Meiji Seika Pharma
- Class Antineoplastics; Contraceptives; Naphthols; Sesquiterpenes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Progesterone receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Contraception
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2015 Discontinued - Preclinical for Contraception in Japan (unspecified route) prior to February 2015
- 12 Apr 1999 Preclinical development for Contraception in Japan (Unknown route)
- 12 Apr 1999 New profile