Latest Information Update: 02 Oct 2001
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antibacterials; Ketolides
- Mechanism of Action Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial endocarditis
Most Recent Events
- 02 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial endocarditis in USA (Unknown route)
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 21 Apr 1999 New profile