Met-RANTESAlternative Names: Methionylated RANTES; MetRANTES
Latest Information Update: 12 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Geneva Biomedical Research Institute; Merck Serono
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antirheumatics; Chemokines
- Mechanism of Action CCR1 receptor antagonists; CCR5 receptor antagonists; Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jan 2007 Serono is now called Merck Serono
- 05 Jan 2007 Serono has been acquired by Merck KGaA
- 28 Oct 2004 Data presented at the 68th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology and the 39th Annual Meeting of the Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP-2004) have been added to the Rheumatic Disease pharmacodynamics section