RBx 2258Alternative Names: Pamirosin; Parvosin; SPM 969
Latest Information Update: 13 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Class Urologics
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1 adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 2004 Suspended - Phase-II for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in India (PO)
- 06 Nov 2004 Suspended - Phase-II for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in South Africa (PO)
- 06 Nov 2004 Suspended - Phase-I for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)