Cardiovascular cell therapy - MG BiotherapeuticsAlternative Names: Adult stem cell therapy-heart failure - MG Biotherapeutics; Ventricular restoration cell therapy - MG Biotherapeutics
Latest Information Update: 27 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator MG-Biotherapeutics
- Class Cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Heart failure; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 27 Sep 2007 Data presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2007 (ESC-2007) added to the Ischaemic heart disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 28 Apr 2006 Preclinical trials in Heart failure in France (unspecified route)
- 27 Feb 2006 Genzyme has halted the enrolment of new patients in its phase II (MAGIC) trial for Ischaemic heat disorders in Europe