At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Phenols; Thiadiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer
- 12 May 1999 New profile
- 12 May 1999 Preclinical development for Pain in USA (PO)