Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Antineoplastics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 17 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 28 Mar 2001 Magainin Pharmaceuticals is now called Genaera Corporation