Meningococcal vaccine - BioPortAlternative Names: Neisseria meningitidis vaccine - BioPort
Latest Information Update: 06 Dec 2006
At a glance
- Originator Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Meningococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jun 2003 The assets of Antex Biologics and Antex Pharma have been acquired by BioPort Corporation
- 18 Jul 2002 This vaccine is still in active development
- 14 May 1999 Preclinical development for Meningococcal infections in USA (Unknown route)