Research programme: tuberculosis therapies - GlaxoSmithKline/Global Alliance for TB Drug Development
Latest Information Update: 21 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Global Alliance for TB Drug Development
- Mechanism of Action Acyltransferase inhibitors; DNA gyrase inhibitors; Peptide deformylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jan 2008 GlaxoSmithKline and the Global Alliance for TB Drug Development extend their collaboration for a further three years
- 25 Jan 2008 Early research is ongoing in Spain
- 21 Mar 2005 Early research in Tuberculosis in Spain (unspecified route)