KP 102 - Kinetek Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 08 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Kinetek Pharmaceuticals
- Class Organometallic compounds; Small molecules; Vanadium compounds
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 05 Feb 2003 Suspended - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in United Kingdom (PO)
- 05 Feb 2003 KP 102 is available for licensing (http://www.kinetekpharm.com)
- 02 Sep 1999 Kinetek is seeking strategic partners for its diabetes programme