DexlipotamAlternative Names: KRX 0701
Latest Information Update: 27 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Meda
- Class Carboxylic acids; Eye disorder therapies; Propylene glycols; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Oxygen radical formation antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic retinopathy; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 06 May 2009 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Germany (PO)
- 05 Sep 2007 This compound is still in active development
- 16 Jun 2004 Preclinical trials in Diabetic retinopathy in Germany (unspecified route)