Diclofenac transdermal - Elan Pharma/Laboratorios BetaAlternative Names: Oxa Sat
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2000
At a glance
- Originator Elan Pharma International
- Class Antirheumatics; Non-opioid analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Phenylacetates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Arachidonic acid inhibitors; Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Inflammation; Musculoskeletal disorders
Most Recent Events
- 01 Feb 2000 Ethical Holdings is now called Amarin Corporation
- 09 Jun 1999 New profile
- 09 Jun 1999 Launched for Musculoskeletal disorders in Argentina (Transdermal)