Human papillomavirus vaccine - Biogen IdecAlternative Names: Cervical cancer vaccine - Biogen Idec; Cervical dysplasia vaccine - Biogen Idec; E7 protein vaccine; HPV 16 vaccine
Latest Information Update: 22 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Biogen Idec
- Class Cancer vaccines; Papillomavirus vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Human papillomavirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 2003 IDEC Pharmaceuticals has merged with Biogen to form Biogen Idec
- 20 Jun 2002 Phase-I clinical trials in Human papillomavirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 11 Jun 1999 Preclinical development for Human papillomavirus infections in USA (Unknown route)