Research programme: anti-infectives - Merck/Schering-PloughAlternative Names: Anti-infectives research programme - Merck/Schering-Plough
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Nov 2000 TerraGen Discovery has been acquired by Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- 11 Jun 1999 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Canada (Unknown route)