Polymer-enhanced surfactantAlternative Names: Inactivation-resistant surfactant; Surfactant - Karolinska Institute/UCSF/University of Rochester
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2002
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Surfactants
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane permeability enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Meconium aspiration syndrome; Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jun 1999 Preclinical development for Meconium aspiration syndrome in USA (Intratracheal)
- 14 Jun 1999 Preclinical development for Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in USA (Intratracheal)