At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glycine NMDA-associated antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 08 Aug 2000 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in France (Unknown route)
- 23 Dec 1999 Rhône-Poulenc Rorer has merged with Hoechst Marion Roussel to form Aventis Pharma
- 22 Jun 1999 New profile