p27/p16 fusion gene therapy - GPC BiotechAlternative Names: AV-W9 gene therapy; CDK inhibitor gene therapy - GPC Biotech; Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor gene therapy - GPC Biotech; p16/27 gene therapy; p27/p16 gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 27 Apr 2004
At a glance
- Originator GPC Biotech Inc
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors; Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Vascular restenosis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Apr 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Vascular restenosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Apr 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Nov 2002 p27/p16 gene therapy is available for licensing from GPC Biotech (www.gpc-boiotech.com)