Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Demegen
- Class Antibacterials; Peptide antibiotics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Mycoses; Respiratory tract infections; Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jun 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Jun 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Viral infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Jun 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Mycoses in USA (unspecified route)