PhosphazidAlternative Names: Phosphonavir; PZT
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Viscount Pharma
- Class Antiretrovirals; Azides; Phosphonic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-1-infections in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-1-infections in European Union (PO)
- 05 Sep 2002 Preclinical trials in HIV-1 infections in USA (PO)